Are awareness months effective? For both nonprofits and media, what are the benefits and energy-drains of participating in awareness month activities and what are the determining factors in deciding if awareness month investments are worth it? How can nonprofits help to ensure positive outcomes through awareness months? These are just a few of the questions we will explore during this interactive discussion.
– Jess Massa, Video Producer, BuzzFeed
– John Boal, Managing Director, Western Region, AdCouncil
– Matt King, Communications Director, Heal the Bay
– Ken Kondo, Emergency Program Manager and Public Information Officer, Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office of Emergency Management, Re: Great California ShakeOut
– Richard Valenza, Founder & CEO, RaiseAChild
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – END OF YEAR EVENT!
- Special bonus: (a) Attendees will receive the AdCouncil’s 2018 public service events calendar, AND (b) brief BuzzFeed tour!!
Time: Check-in and light breakfast 8:30-9 a.m.;
Workshop 9-10:30 a.m.; Wrap-up and networking 10:30-11 a.m.
Location: BuzzFeed (brief tour included!!)
Best GPS address: 1140 N. Citrus Avenue, Los Angeles, CA (MAP)
Actual address: 1135 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles 90038
Entry Instructions – IMPORTANT: Attendees will need to enter from the side street (N Citrus Ave.) because the black doors and gate (on Highland) only open outwards. You will see a black tent with a security guard there to check them in. You will need to show ID to access the building.
Parking: Street parking only on surrounding streets, suggest Orange and Sycamore. *You will want to allow extra time for that.
Questions: Send an email to Joyce Harris at email@example.com or call (800) 752-6515.
Your participation in this program helps fund NCM Network’s Lisa Davidson Memorial Scholarship for college sophomores and juniors majoring in communications, journalism, radio, or television at a four-year Southern California college or university. The scholarship program recognizes outstanding students who demonstrate excellent potential for improving the lives of the Southern California community through a communications career.