Tracy Sestili participated in NCM Network’s August TweetChat, and we’re thrilled to welcome her to the NCM Network Blog. Tracy is a social media author, speaker, trainer, and strategist. In addition to teaching at UC-Berkeley Extension and San Francisco State University’s College of Extended Learning Social Media Marketing Program, her nonprofit experience includes the Beverly Fund Lung Cancer Foundation, After-School All-Stars, Lung Cancer Action Network, and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Follow on Twitter @TracySestili.
LinkedIn continues to be an untapped resource for nonprofits. It is rich with easy steps that anyone on your Board or staff can take to amplify your message, mission, and cause.
These five tiny steps take less than a minute each to accomplish.
1. Board members/staff can list that they are a board member or staff member at your organization in their current work experience section on LinkedIn
2. Board members/staff members/volunteers can list your nonprofit in the new Volunteer section on LinkedIn
3. Board members can post a personal status update on their profile and highlight events or your cause every once in a while – note, your marketing team can recommend specifics
4. Board members/staff can list your nonprofit’s URL and Facebook URL under websites and make them customized so people see the name of your nonprofit
5. Board members/staff can list your Twitter handle under the Website section
How easy was that?
Reprinted with permission. Originally published at: